7/16" Crown 1-3/4" Leg 15 Ga Bright Basic Sencote
Stanley Bostitch S32SL-1 18 Gauge Stapler, 5/8" to 1-3/8"
7/16" Crown x 2-1/4" Leg Galvanized Q Series Staple by SureFit
*** The standard upholsterer’s method to cover a square or rectangular frame is to secure the fabric with staples in the center of one side, move to the opposite side, then the two adjacent sides. You always start in the center and move out towards the corners, pulling and smoothing diagonally towards the corners, but leaving approximately 5-6” open at the corners for folding and fine tuning. This works for dining chair seats and all angular pieces.
10. Corners are crucial to make this ottoman look professional. Make neat, tidy, hospital corners that are smooth, unpuckered and clean. This is the same technique as you’ll use with your top fabric. Make it look professional!
11. Trim off excess batting.
12. Cut your fabric so that you’ll have at least 3” of excess fabric on each side. This is known as ‘pull’ and you’ll need it.
13. Place fabric on top. Align any pattern, make sure everything is straight and start with the center of one side. Pull fabric under and attach just like you did the batting, only pull the fabric under the frame bottom. It’s front to back, side to side, and move out towards the corners.
*** The technique of pulling and smoothing at a diagonal and out towards the corners is what shows you know what you’re doing. You want a smooth, even, slightly rounded top edge.
14. Now make those corners look good by making that square corner as in the picture. Your hands are your best tool and sometime you’ll need to get the frame on the floor and really be able to control the fabric.
15. When the corner is just right, secure it with your stapler on the bottom of the frame.
16. Trim off excess fabric, close around leg plates, attach legs.
17. (Optional) Create and insert a time capsule and cover the bottom of the ottoman with a piece of scrap fabric as a dust cover by folding the edges under ½” and stapling in place every 3” around the bottom, folding back at the legs.
Copyright © 2012 Nail Gun Depot All rights reserved. All trademarks and brands are property of their respective owners -
eCommerce Website Development by OuterBox