Not Your Father's - Father's Day Gift Guide 2016
May 31, 2016
Having a hard time picking out the perfect gift for Dad? Break from the norm and surprise him with a gift he can actually use - something that bundles tech savvy features and functional form. Unfortunately, that means no personalized coffee mugs on our list this year - we had to make room for these popular new gadgets. With price points that meet both large and small budgets, take Dad into the 21st Century with one of our top picks for Father's Day 2016.
- Cadex Digital Regulator ($55): Budget friendly and compact, the Cadex DAR-02E digital air pressure regulator is perfect for Dad's workshop. Easy to mount and built for precision control, this Cadex regulator can connect directly to air tools and pneumatic spray guns. Designed to regulate the air coming through an air hose, this digital system features an impact resistant housing, electronic gauge shutoff for battery preservation, and a 1/4" universal thread swivel nut that fits most spray guns, nailers and air tools. A 1/4" universal thread male inlet fitting can be found on the opposite end of the DAR-02E.
- Senco DuraSpin SG2510 Screw Gun Motor ($105): Next on our list, the Senco DuraSpin SG2510 (6X0002N) electric-powered screwdriver is designed for applications in drywall, wood fastening, and steel - perfect for the dad that has his hands in a variety of projects. This high-performance screw gun motor features a high-torque, 0-2500 RPM variable-speed motor for heavy-duty use. The SG2510 is constructed from industrial-grade metal, rugged enough to handle contractor-grade projects when needed. Features such as a trigger lock for continuous operation and an industrial-grade 10" cord round out the package. A member of the Senco DuraSpin family, the SG2510 screw gun works with Phillips and Square drive bits.
- Stabila 24" Tech Level ($249.99): Not your Father's level, the Stabila 24" Tech/Electronic IP65 level features electronic measuring technology, two digital displays, an audible inclination guide, IP 65 dust and waterproof housing, and removable shock-absorbing end caps with anti-slip wall grips. Get precise slope measurements as needed for ADA 4.8.2 handicap ramp compliance. A dual screen set-up (front & top) allows easy viewing from any angle. Electronic displays illuminate for easy viewing in low light conditions, and include five display modes. Other features include instant measurement conversion to any scale, audible tones for sight free use, one button calibration, and carrying case. Snap in two AA batteries and Dad will be ready to go.
- Dewalt DCN660D1Cordless Finish Nailer ($399): A big step in cordless nailing, the Dewalt DCN660D1 runs on 20V lithium-ion battery power exclusively - in other words, no more fuel cells. This cordless finish nailer is compatible with 1-1/4” to 2-1/2” 16 gauge angled finish nails. Featuring Dewalt's first-ever 20V MAX brushless motor - enjoy better run-time, a lighter-weight body (27% lighter than the current DC618), and a more compact design for hard to reach areas. Did we mention it drives up to 4 nails per second? Other features include a tool-free depth adjustment, tool-free jam release, tool-free stall release, multi-functional LED lights, select actuation (choose between bump and sequential fire), adjustable belt hook, no mar tips, and trigger lock-out. The DCN660D1 comes with one battery, charger, manual and carrying case - so Dad can plug it in and go straight to work.
- Paslode CF325XP Cordless Framing Nailer ($399): For the dad that dabbles in heavy carpentry, Paslode has our vote for best Father's Day present. The new Paslode CF325XP (905600) Li-Ion cordless framing nailer combines the latest cordless technology with a tried-and-tested design. No hose or compressor required - the CF325XP runs on lithium ion battery-power with orange framing fuel cell. Similar to the Paslode CF325-Li, the CF325XP offers the same benefits from Paslode, but with 15% increased driving power, low temperature usability (tool works in conditions down to 14 degrees Fahrenheit when using all-season fuel cell), and up to 50% longer run time per battery charge. This tool is also eligible for Paslode's 2 Year Service Promise, when registered properly with Paslode. For added peace of mind, the CF325XP also comes with a five-year limited warranty through Paslode. Other features on this Paslode 905600 cordless framing nailer include aggressive teeth for toe nailing, compact design – fits between 16″ o.c. studs, joists and roof trusses, battery standby, tool-free depth of drive adjustment, utility hook, nail lockout to prevent blank drives, and a stainless steel magazine raceway for improved durability and easy loading. This Paslode cordless framing nailer comes with rugged plastic carrying case, rechargeable lithium ion battery and charger, safety glasses, owner's manual and 5/32" hex wrench - and is excellent for applications in framing, sheathing, floor decking and more.
- Grex GC1850 Cordless Brad Nailer ($438): For that sweet spot between the Dewalt finish nailer and the Paslode framer, give Dad a different kind of cordless nailer this year. The first of its kind, the Grex GC1850 cordless brad nailer is powered only by 2 AAA batteries and fuel cell; designed to drive 18 gauge brad nails up to 2" in length. The Grex GC1850 is the only cordless finish nailer that is as small as a traditional air operated finish nailer, while also offering a light-weight metal body, the power to sink 2” brad nails into 2” thick red oak, and a low cost of ownership. Powered by 2 AAA alkaline batteries - capable of lasting at least 50,000 shots - and a fuel cell that lasts approximately 1,300 shots per cartridge, this cordless brad nailer eliminates the downtime that comes with charging a battery - without sacrificing power. Easy to maintain, the GC1850 features a self-lubricating piston ring and cylinder, as well as easy driver replacement. An all-metal body proves best for improved durability, reliability and heat dissipation. No compressor required, the Grex GC1850 cordless brad nailer also features a safety nose with no-mar tip, anti dry-fire lock-out, power adjustment and reversible belt hook. A handy tool for any dad that enjoys weekend woodworking projects including trimwork, cabinet assembly, jig fixtures, light wood assembly, paneling, window beading, door and window casings, or picture frame assembly.
A Father's Day gift to all, use promo code FIVEOFF during checkout to receive 5% off your entire order!
Wishing a Happy Father's Day to you and yours,
The Team At Nail Gun Depot