The Nail Gun Depot Father's Day Gift Guide 2015
May 18, 2015
Father's Day is just a month away - hard to believe, right? Make sure dad gets a gift he will be able to use all year long. It's time to ditch the macaroni art and get dad tools he will love. Whether he's a contractor or an amateur woodworker, check out our top picks that are certain to give any dad a very happy Father's Day.
- Freeman P7TRKTM: A special order kit just for Father's Day, introducing the Freeman P7TRKTM 3-tool finish & trim kit w/ tool belt, tape measure and sample fasteners. At only $139, this kit is great to give as a gift to your favorite woodworker, featuring the Freeman PBR50 18 gauge brad nailer - perfect for applications that include decorative trim installation, window casings, picture frame assembly, furniture trim, molding and more. The PBR50 brad nailer features 360 adjustable exhaust, air filter, aluminum magazine and cylinder design, one-piece drive blade and double spring magazine. The kit also includes the Freeman PP123 23 gauge pin nailer - excellent for small trim, cabinet doors, picture frames, craft building and more. The PP123 headless pinner features an aluminum magazine and cylinder, internal air filtration, comfort grip handle, and safety lock - among other features. Rounding out the kit, Freeman Tools' PST9032 18 gauge narrow crown stapler features a 360 exhaust, anodized aluminum rail and cylinder, air filter, one-piece drive blade, no-mar pad, teflon o-rings, reversible belt hook, reload indicator, oil and wrenches. The Freeman PST9032 is ideal for decorative trim, cabinetry, cabinet backing and crafts. For added peace of mind, all Freeman tools come with a seven-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Senco PC1010: At 20 lbs., the Senco PC1010 oil-less air compressor features an extremely lightweight and ultra quiet design. The perfect compressor for dad's garage or basement workshop, this hand carry compressor also features an electric direct drive motor for increased efficiency, aluminum cylinder, oil-less pump, 1/4" coupler, and cushioned hand grip. The PC1010 is great for finish and trim work, upholstery, hobbies and crafts. Only $119 at Nail Gun Depot.
- Hitachi WH18DL: The Hitachi WH18DL 18V lithium ion cordless impact driver packs plenty of power to handle the big - and small - DIY projects dad throws at it. With a five-year manufacturer's warranty, this cordless impact driver includes (2) 3.0ah lithium ion batteries (backwards compatible with other 18V Hitachi models), quick charger, and carrying case. This lightweight Hitachi impact driver features a class leading 1,330 inch pounds of torque, unique cool flow system for steady air flow to the motor, two step speed switch for ultimate control, easy carbon brush access, five position belt hook with built-in LED, and compact design to increase overall usability. The WH18DL is ideal for sinking deck screws, hanging doors, installing cabinets, windows and much more. Now $270 on NGD.
- Bostitch BTFP12233: The Stanley Bostitch BTFP12233 18 gauge pneumatic brad nailer is designed with Bostitch's patented Smart Point technology, perfect for any dad that loves to work with wood. Smart Point utilizes a special nose that is capable of reaching into tight spaces, improves visibility, and reduces work surface damage by eliminating the need to push against a surface to actuate the tool. The BTFP12233's nose is 80% smaller than other, current Bostitch nailers. Other features on the BTFP12233 brad nailer include oil-free operation, front and side bumpers, tool-free jam release, selectable trigger, rear exhaust, dial-a-depth control and a tool-free adjustable belt hook. Tool comes with carrying case, sample fasteners, 1/4" fitting, 3 no-mar tips and a belt hook with pencil sharpener - all for $119! The BTFP12233 also includes Bostitch's 7-year warranty. This 18 gauge brad nailer is perfect for installing baseboard, cabinets, casebacks, chair rail, furniture trim and much more.
- Paslode IM250A-Li: When it comes to Paslode's IM250A-Li lithium ion angled cordless finish nailer, no hose or compressor is required. With a five-year manufacturer's warranty, dad gets a rugged plastic carrying case, one battery, charger, safety glasses, hex wrench - and of course, the finish nailer. New lithium ion battery technology allows for more power, faster recharge times and more shots per charge. The Paslode IM250A-Li features an on/off battery lock to conserve battery life, swivel belt hook, adjustable depth of drive for precise control of nail depth, no-mar tip to protect trim surfaces and finishes, and angled magazine for easier access in tight areas. This Paslode cordless finish nailer is excellent for door and window trim, paneling, baseboard, casing, crown molding, cabinetry and door jambs. Don't forget, it does require a fuel cell and battery to operate. Get one for dad today, $355 on Nail Gun Depot.
- Freeman P4FNCB: For the value-minded woodworker, Freeman Tools' P4FNCB four-tool finish and trim combo kit is the perfect bundle for the DIY'er in dad. At $229, and backed by a seven-year limited manufacturer warranty, the Freeman P4FNCB includes one 16 gauge straight finish nailer (PFN64), 18 gauge 2" brad nailer with quick release (PBR50Q), 18 gauge 1-5/8" narrow crown stapler with quick release (PST9040Q), 23 gauge 1" headless micro pin nailer (PP123), 200 fasteners for each tool, safety glasses, belt hooks for each tool, oil, wrenches and manuals - all to be stored in a heavy-duty canvas bag. The Freeman PBR50Q 18 gauge brad nailer is perfect for applications that include trim installation, cabinet building, panel installation, furniture repair, baseboard mounting and more. The PBR50Q brad nailer features 360 adjustable exhaust, air filter, aluminum magazine and cylinder design, finger depth adjustment, quick jam release, and no-mar tip. The Freeman PP123 23 gauge pin nailer is excellent for small trim, cabinet doors, picture frames, craft building and more. The PP123 headless pinner features an aluminum magazine and cylinder, internal air filtration, comfort grip handle, and safety lock - among other features. The PFN64 finish nailer is designed for furniture trim, crown molding, baseboards, chair rails, window casings and more. The PFN64 features an oil-free design, no-mar tip, quick release for jams, air filter, adjustable depth, and aluminum magazine and cylinder. The PST9040Q narrow crown stapler is capable of stapling decorative trim, cabinetry and backing, and craft works. The PST9040Q offers many of the same features as its nailer counterparts - including finger depth adjustment, quick jam release, reload indicator, 360 exhaust, no-mar tip, air filter, and aluminum magazine and cylinder construction.
- Grex P650LX: Give dad the latest and greatest with the all-new Grex P650LX 23 gauge headless pin nailer, available on NGD for $308. Boasting the following new features: a one-touch override button that allows use of the 10 remaining reserve pins, a more powerful motor with improved contact safety, auto lock-out to prevent dry firing - includes auto lock-out override, easy load magazine, no-mar tip, rear exhaust with silencer, double trigger safety lock, lightweight aluminum body, swivel air coupler, narrow nose design, and rubber handgrip - suggested applications for the Grex P650LX micro pinner include light wood assembly, finish and trim work, molding and decorative trim, dowel and joint pinning, mirror and picture frame assembly, lightweight paneling, external softwood trim, rattan furniture, glazing strips, craft work, window beading, display work, signage and more. This item comes with a one-year limited warranty from Grex.
- Hitachi C7SB2: At only $99, the Hitachi C7SB2 was voted the best-value circular saw by Tauton Press. Includes a five-year manufacturer's warranty. Comes complete with rugged plastic carrying case, 24 tooth carbide tipped blade and wrench. The C7SB2 features a powerful 15 amp electric motor, bevel capacity from 0-55 degrees, one piece heavy-duty aluminum alloy base with easy to read front and side measurement scales, and non-slip rubber grip for added comfort. This Hitachi circular saw is excellent for cutting OSB, 2x4's, plywood and more - a great addition to dad's woodshop.
- Bostitch BTFP72646: Perfect for any dad who loves finish and trim woodworking, the Bostitch BTFP72646 3-tool finish & trim combo kit with air compressor is designed with the DIY'er or amateur woodworker in mind. Get a complete set of pneumatic finish tools at one great price - now only $299 on Nail Gun Depot. The Stanley Bostitch BTFP72646 kit includes: SB-1664FN - 16 ga. straight finish nailer, SB-1850BN - 18 ga. brad nailer, BTFP71875 - heavy-duty 3/8" crown stapler, BTFP02011 - 6 gallon oil-free air compressor, 1/4" x 25' heavy-duty airline with fittings and sample fasteners. The BTFP72646 combo kit is ideal for interior trim, crown molding, baseboard, shoe molding, staircases, cabinetry, paneling, housewrap, screening, upholstery, dust containment, insulation and felt paper. Includes one-year warranty from Bostitch.
- Senco PC1195: For $49, the Senco PC1195 mini palm nailer rounds out our list, as a cost-effective gift for dad that still packs a punch. Weighing in 50% lighter than the competition, this palm nailer features a magnetic nose for accurate nail placement, as well as a compact design for easy storage. The PC1195 is excellent for driving nails into tight spaces - for applications including joist hanging, framing, hurricane straps, fencing, decking and more.
Don't make Father's Day more expensive than it has to be. Use promo code: FIVEOFF to receive a 5% discount off your order total.
Best Of Luck Shopping For Dad,
The Team At Nail Gun Depot