Screw Gun Showdown - Senco's DuraSpin Screw System
February 4, 2015
Welcome to part-two in our Screw Gun Showdown series, where we take an in-depth look at Senco's DuraSpin screw fastening system. Designed for applications that include drywall, subflooring/sheathing, decking, cement board, underlayment, sheathing to steel, metal framing, steel decking and rigid foam insulation - among other uses - Senco DuraSpin is built to handle the most rigorous of screw fastening applications. Different in design from Quik Drive, Senco DuraSpin models come in two different styles - one with a traditional screw gun motor and attachment; the other with its entire screw system built into one handheld unit. The simplicity and versatility of a one-piece, handheld unit makes this Senco DuraSpin a top-pick for DIY applications and contractor-grade uses alike.
Available in both electric (corded) and battery (cordless) variations, Senco DuraSpin screw systems are adaptable, based on the needs of their user. While an electric model, such as the DS332-AC, will guarantee use wherever an outlet is available, cordless DuraSpin models, such as the DS312-18V, let a user go beyond the length of a cord - we just recommend keeping a spare battery on hand for large-scale projects.
Maybe you would rather have an attachment that can be used with a power screw driver motor? Senco's DuraSpin has a solution for that too, with one of their auto-feed attachments. Available as an attachment, such as the DS320, or as a full kit with screw gun motor included, such as the DS440-AC, there are a variety of options to suit different degrees of demand.
When we start talking about features, DuraSpin doesn't fall short. Look for Senco's patented corner-fit feed system - which allows you to maneuver the screw gun in hard to reach corners and narrow spaces that a typical screw system would not be able to fit. If you choose to get the DS425-AC, or an auto-feed attachment offered by Senco, look for an adjustable arm that permits a user to stand during labor intensive projects, which would otherwise require them to bend over or kneel.
The Screw Gun Showdown features the following DuraSpin screw systems:
- The Senco DuraSpin DS332-AC electric screw gun, which drives 1" to 3" Senco DuraSpin collated screws - and features a tool-free screw length adjustment, quick slide button bit release, high-torque 2,500 RPM motor, patented corner-fit feed system for wall and corner accessibility, precision adjustable depth of drive with depth lock, variable speed trigger with lock, belt hook and comfort hand grip - perfect for multipurpose use.
- Senco's DuraSpin DS312-18V cordless collated screw gun, which drives 1" to 3" Senco DuraSpin collated screws, making it perfect for applications including: drywall (to wood or steel studs), subfloor, cement board, wood decking, underlayment, sheathing to steel, metal framing, structural steel, decking and rigid foam insulation.
- The Senco DuraSpin DS425-AC electric screwdriver, which drives 1" to 3" collated strip screws, and is designed for drywall (to wood or steel studs), wood decking, structural steel decking, composite decking, subfloor, underlayment, metal framing, rigid foam insulation, sheathing to steel and cement board applications.
- Senco DuraSpin DS212-18V cordless collated screw gun, which drives 1/2" to 2" collated DuraSpin screws, and is perfect for drywall, subfloor, cement board, underlayment, sheathing to steel, metal framing, steel decking and rigid foam insulation.
- The Senco DuraSpin DS440-AC electric screwdriver, which is capable of driving 1" to 3" collated strip screws, making it ideal for drywall (to wood or steel studs), wood decking, subfloor, underlayment, metal framing, rigid foam insulation and cement board. This screw gun is driven by 4000 RPMs of electric power.
- Senco's DuraSpin DS235-AC electric auto-feed screw gun, which features a blazing fast 5,000 RPM motor - designed for contractor grade drywall installation. Driving 1/2" to 2" collated Senco DuraSpin screws, this screw gun features a heavy-duty 10' rubber cord, tool-free adjustable nose piece for different length screws, quick bit release, patented corner-fit feed system for easy wall and corner access, adjustable depth of drive with depth lock, variable speed trigger with lock and reverse, belt hook and comfortable rubber hand grip.
- The Senco DuraSpin DS215-18V cordless collated screw gun, which drives 1/2" to 2" collated DuraSpin screws, featuring a lithium-ion battery to power its 5,000 RPM motor. This cordless screw gun is excellent for drywall, subfloor, cement board, underlayment, sheathing to steel, metal framing, steel decking and rigid foam insulation.
- The Senco DuraSpin DS232-AC electric drywall screw gun, which drives 1/2" to 2" collated Senco DuraSpin screws, making it perfect for drywall, subfloor, cement board, underlayment, sheathing to steel, metal framing, steel decking and rigid foam insulation.
- And finally, the Senco DuraSpin DS325-AC collated screw system, which is only available until inventory has been depleted. The DS325-AC has been permanently discontinued, replaced by the DS425-AC.
What about screws? Nail Gun Depot offers more than 80 variations of DuraSpin screw, designed for drywall, wood and metal - for both interior and exterior applications. Available in a plethora of shapes, sizes, material - and even color - there is a DuraSpin screw that will meet the requirements of almost any application. See our full selection of Senco DuraSpin screws.
Home Of The Screw Gun Showdown,
Nail Gun Depot