Freeman PF18GLCN 18 Gauge L-Cleat Flooring Nailer, 1-1/4" to 1-3/4"
- 48 + Boxes - NEW PRICE: $238.89
- 55 + Boxes - NEW PRICE: $230.00
Box Count: 1
The Freeman Tools PF18GLCN 18-gauge L-cleat flooring nailer, which drives 1-1/4" to 1-3/4" 18 gauge l-cleat flooring nails, is rated among the best in its class, but offers significant cost savings over its competition. Designed for dense wood applications, such as bamboo, Brazilian teak and other exotic hardwoods, it's capable of installing 3/8", 1/2" and 3/4" solid or engineered wood flooring. A non-marring foot design provides increased protection from damage when installing a pre-finished flooring surface.
This Freeman flooring nailer is lightweight and durable, constructed from high-strength anodized aluminum and heat-treated steel components. Premium features include an anodized aluminum magazine, interchangeable base plates, fiberglass mallet, one-piece drive blade, and a heavy-duty aluminum constructed body. An 1/4" NPT air inlet comes installed with the tool. Perfect for DIYers and professional flooring contractors alike, the PF18GLCN L-cleat floor nailer combines affordable pricing with quality construction. Backed by a seven-year manufacturer's warranty for added peace of mind. This tool is compatible with the Freeman PFNRB Flooring Nailer Roller Base.
- Box Count 1
- SKU PF18GLCN
- UPC 816376010563
- Power Type Pneumatic
- Collation Type Glue
- Gauge 18 Gauge
- Brand Freeman
- Maximum Fastener Length 1-3/4"
- Condition New
- Case/Bag Included No
- Included In Box Mallet, Air Fitting, Adjustment Tools, Lubrication Oil, 3/4", 1/2", 3/8” Foot Plate
- Manufacturer's Warranty Seven-Year Limited
- Item Width 4-4/5"
- Special Features Interchangeable Base Plates
- Item Height 22-6/25"
- Item Length 17-16/25"
- Magazine Capacity 120
- Country of Manufacture China
- Item Weight 9.6 lbs.
- Usage Type Interior
- Minimum Fastener Length 1-1/4"
- Housing Material Aluminum
- Operating Pressure 70 to 115 PSI
- Firing Type Single, Multi Blow
- Air Inlet Size 1/4" NPT
- Depth Control No
- Power Source Air
- Special Offer Available No
- Magazine Type Strip
- Fastener Type L-Cleat
- It worked greatI purchased this to lay a Brazilian Teak floor in my kitchen. I was most impressed with the quality of the nailer when I took it out of the box. But what is more, It worked flawlessly and made my job a breeze. It is a great value.
- Pricey, but works great with a few notesI have no idea why 18ga nailers are more expensive than 16ga nailers, but this is one of the lower cost models. I purchased to install 1000 square feet of engineered flooring. Shot 1000 nails (so far -- not complete) and not a single jam.
The two minor issues that I have are that: 1) it is very difficult to tell when you are out of cleats. Painting the pull tab on the spring load mechanism orange or red would increase the visibility. More than once, I shot a few boards with blanks! 2) The "foot" has a habit of riding up the board and you'll fire into the board if you're not careful. This could have been solved by adding a small tab or lip of some sort that would go under the tongue so that once you're at the right position, there is no chance of it riding up over the tongue and onto the board. I had three occurrences where I nailed onto the face of the board because it rode up the tongue.
Other than that, a great tool for the price. One tip: keep one foot on the back of the tool when you reposition for the next cleat; this way, you can prevent it from riding up the board and accidentally nailing on the face.